These spaghetti squash breakfast cups are so simple and yet so awesome. They’re perfect for when you’re on the go – they’re study but also soft and creamy. The texture is unlike any other breakfast cup I’ve had before – every bite melts in your mouth.
The best thing about these delicious breakfast cups is that they’re made with just four ingredients: spaghetti squash, ground pork, eggs and season salt.
I like this organic season salt – it’s perfect for days when you don’t want to think about what spices to use – just sprinkle some of this on your meal, and you’re done.
I like this salt so much that I’ve teamed up with Redmond Trading Company for a giveaway! They’ve agreed to send a lucky My Heart Beets reader an Ultimate Variety Pack along with tubes of Earthpaste (toothpaste) and Facial mud! So, basically the winner will have tasty food, a clean mouth and a pretty face 😉
I absolutely love ALL of their real salt – I have to admit though, the season salt is my favorite. It’s a combination of real salt and organic spices like onion, coriander, mustard, black pepper, paprika, celery seed, turmeric and parsley. It’s perfect for these spaghetti squash and sausage breakfast cups!
When you make this recipe, first cook your spaghetti squash using whatever method you like (I’ve listed the oven method below). While that’s cooking, brown your ground pork with the season salt. In a bowl, combine your cooked spaghetti squash strands with your pork and whisked eggs. Mix it all up and spoon the mixture into a greased muffin pan. The recipe below made me 15 egg cups.
Once the cups cool, you can use a knife to lift them out of the pan. I use this kiwi slicer tool (that I randomly found at TJ Maxx) to help me lift things out of muffin pans. I have this tendency to buy random kitchen tools that I don’t need… and that don’t work. This kiwi tool (in my opinion) is terrible for cutting kiwis but it’s a total life saver when it comes to lifting muffins, cupcakes, small things out of small spaces. Yep, I’m totally justifying having this silly tool in my kitchen… I actually use it all the time. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a use for this impulsive and useless pineapple corer purchase… sigh.
Anyway, sign up for my giveaway! Win Real Salt!! Update: This giveaway is over.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon organic season salt, adjust to taste
- 1 medium to large spaghetti squash (4 cups spaghetti strands, packed)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Cook your spaghetti squash (see oven method below).
- In a skillet, brown the ground pork with the season salt.
- In a bowl, combine spaghetti squash strands and pork. Taste to check for seasoning, then mix in the whisked eggs. (I added an additional ½ tsp seasoning salt at this step)
- Scoop this mixture into a greased muffin pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and add a little oil, salt and pepper to cut sides.
- Place squash cut side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a knife (cooking time depends on size of squash).
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.