This quick and easy baked salmon recipe is flavorful, tasty and takes very little effort to make. You just top salmon with a simple mix of salsa and mayo and when it comes out of the oven, you’ll have a delicious, creamy and flaky fish. It’s the perfect last-minute dish to serve on a busy weeknight.
This salsa mayo salmon is super simple. It’s delicious, quick and so darn easy to make. It takes no time at all to prep but it’s somehow still big on flavor.
You only need three things to make this recipe:
Because there are only three ingredients you’re going to want to make sure all three are high quality. For the fish, I suggest buying fresh wild-caught salmon.
As for the mayo and salsa, you can make your own but I prefer the convenience of store-bought. Also, having to make those two things would also kind of defeat the point of throwing this simple dinner together. That said if you have the time to make those two things from scratch then more power to ya. If you’re looking for good store-bought options, I normally buy organic spicy salsa from whole foods and sir kensington’s mayo – but obviously any brands work.
I can’t take credit for this recipe. I have had it written down for years – it’s a recipe that was passed down from a friendly fishmonger at a Publix grocery store in Florida. He shared it with my husband’s aunt who shared it with my husband’s mom (my MIL) and she shared it with me. I’m not sure if this is the exact original recipe but the gist of it has to be the same – you mix salsa and mayo together and put it on top of salmon and then bake. Easy.
When you make this salmon, you can add some broccoli onto the pan right along with it – I do that all the time and it makes for a nice sheet pan dinner. I also like to serve it with basmati rice. And because I’m Indian, I add cilantro to everything so if you’ve got some add it but if not, you really don’t need it.
Let me know what you think if you try this salsa mayo salmon!Print
- 1 pound salmon (wild-caught)
- ½ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup (spicy) salsa
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the salsa and mayo in a bowl and mix well.
- Put the salmon on the baking sheet (skin-side down), pour the mayo salsa on top then put it in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
- Since there are very few ingredients be sure to use the best quality. I like sir kensington’s mayo and whole foods organic spicy salsa. Use your favorite salsa!
- When you make this salmon, you can add some broccoli onto the pan right along with it – I do that all the time and it makes for an easy sheet pan dinner.