I can’t get enough of this cinnamon coffee cake. It’s easily one of the best cakes I’ve ever made – and I know I say that a lot, but I mean it every. single. time. The cake is so buttery and soft. The topping is so crunchy and sweet. It’s mouthwatering. It’s irresistible. It’s perfection.
It’s the perfect cake for company. Why? Because it’s impressive… and also because if you don’t have company, you will absolutely eat this entire thing by yourself.
Here’s how it’ll go:
After you eat one tiny slice, you’ll think, “oh my gosh this is so rich, I couldn’t possibly eat another slice.” But then you will… trust me, I know.
This cake is dangerously good. So good you won’t believe it’s grain-free, gluten-free, paleo-friendly. It is all of those things, but it’s certainly not guilt-free. Still, you should make this. This is the cake that will prove to your family and friends that clean desserts CAN be extremely delicious.
Let’s back up for a second so that I can tell you all about this sweet crumbly topping. It’s what dreams are made of. And by that I mean it’s made with pecans (my favorite buttery nut), grassfed butter/ghee, coconut sugar and cinnamon. You just can’t have a coffee cake without cinnamon.
Also, I think I went a little overboard in taking pictures of this cake… it’s all in an effort to tempt you into making this. Why? Because once you make this, I’m sure you’ll keep coming back to my blog for more delicious recipes 😉Print
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut milk, full-fat
- 1 stick grassfed butter (or ½ cup ghee), softened
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ stick grassfed butter (or ¼ cup ghee), softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, cinnamon) to a bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the wet ingredients (coconut milk, butter, honey and eggs) to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Chop the pecans in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the finely chopped pecans to a bowl along with the remaining topping ingredients and using your hands, mix well. Sprinkle this on the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
To Make Glaze (optional)
- Melt coconut butter.
- Add coconut oil to the melted coconut butter until it reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cake.