These handheld fruit pies are incredible.
The crust is golden, crispy and perfectly flaky. Add a sprinkle of coarse sea salt on top and you’ll swear you’re eating pie crust. It’s hard to believe that these mini fruit pies are gluten-free and dairy-free.
Inside the pies are a sweet filling – made up of your favorite fruit. I used fresh, farm peaches but you can use blueberries, strawberries, apples, mangoes, whatever you want.
When these come out of the oven, you’re going to want to inhale them the second they’re cool to touch. And you should. Eat them while they’re warm. If you’re making these mini-pies in advance, you can put them in the freezer and reheat them in a pan over the stove – they’ll be almost as good as fresh out of the oven.
I’ve put together a video to show you how I make these adorable little pies.
This is my FIRST time doing a cooking youtube video so, let me know what you think – I want to know if this is actually helpful. My favorite part about this video: the background music by my handsome husband (playing the guitar). If you like this video, make sure you subscribe to my channel by clicking here – this way you’ll be notified when I put together a new video.
So, what’d you think? Leave me a comment to let me know 🙂 And, again – if you liked it, subscribe to my channel – it’s really easy, just click here!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the pie crust, combine the coconut milk, tapioca flour, and almond flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto a pre-heated (eco-friendly) non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Let the batter cook until the bottom of the flatbread is firm enough to move.
- Using a spatula, lift the bread and move it onto a baking sheet, flipping it over so that the sticky side is down.
- Repeat this until the batter is done - for a total of six pies.
- Put a tablespoon of your chopped fruit filling onto the pastry.
- Using a brush, put some egg wash around the edges to help seal the pie shut. You can use a fork to help you crimp the edges if needed.
- Once you’ve folded the pastry shut, brush egg wash on top of the pie. Then, take a knife and put a tiny little slit in the middle.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.