What if I told you that I made pecan pie cookies… and that they were made with just THREE ingredients?
This past weekend, I decided to go on a bit of a baking frenzy and these pecan pie cookies are one of the treats that I came up with. They’re sweet, salty, chewy and slightly crunchy. My husband (my taste tester) LOVED them, which pretty much guarantees that you’ll like/love them too.
In fact, I recently posted another equally delicious 3-ingredient Cookie recipe. Some of the most popular recipes on my blog are made with less than 5 ingredients: 3-ingredient flatbread, 2-ingredient Caramel Candy, Mini Fruit Pies. I even co-wrote the ebook, Simple Sweets: 5 ingredients or Less (you can get it for 50% off by using the code Holiday2014 before January 1st!) I’m sure that you’ll love these pecan pie cookies just as much as you love the other recipes on My Heart Beets.
The three ingredients that you’ll need to make 8 cookies are:
The salt is optional but I absolutely love SALTY sweets. You can omit or adjust the salt according to taste.
If you decide to try these cookies, let me know what you think in the comments below!Print
Pecan Pie Cookies
- Yield: 8 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop the dates and put them in a blender or a food processor along with 1 cup of pecans, maple syrup, and sea salt. Blend until the mixture becomes a thick puree.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Press down on the cookies with your fingers to flatten them.
- Top the cookies with pecan halves.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.