What I love about this Salty Sesame Chocolate Bark is that it’s made with tahini, a paste made of ground up sesame seeds. Tahini – or sesame seed butter – has a rich, nutty flavor and a very creamy texture.
I actually think tahini is pretty underutilized in most kitchens. Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) is pretty popular these days but it seems like tahini is usually just reserved for hummus. I’ve decided I’m going to make an effort to use tahini more – it’s a great nut-free butter that works oh so well in both sweet and savory dishes.
To make this sweet and salty tahini chocolate bark, I first melted my dairy-free chocolate and poured it onto parchment paper. I warmed up a couple tablespoons of tahini mixed with a bit of ghee and then poured that on top of the chocolate. I used a knife to create swirls then I sprinkled some sesame seeds and salt on top. Super simple, super delicious.
- Put tahini and 1 tsp ghee in a bowl – heat in microwave until warm and smooth (or you can use a small saucepan).
- Melt chocolate and 1 tbs ghee using a double boiler (or microwave in short intervals until melted).
- Spread chocolate on parchment paper and pour the tahini sauce on top – using a knife to swirl it around.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt.
- Refrigerate until solid – then enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.