As soon as they come out of the pan (or fryer), they’re hit with a sweet and spicy seasoning made up of coconut sugar, kashmiri chili powder, cinnamon, salt and freshly ground black pepper.The kashmiri chili (which is not as hot as cayenne) is enough to give these sweet fries a touch of heat. Oh it’s so good.
I used my spiralizer (I am in LOVE with this magical noodle making device) to make these adorable apple fries. Cutting apples into thin slices isn’t an easy task… unless you have a spiralizer. I literally made these fries in less than a minute.
To make these fries, use equal parts of almond flour and tapioca flour for the breading. Add the two types of flour, a pinch of salt and the sliced apples to a bowl and combine well. Heat up avocado oil or coconut oil in a kadhai, wok or deep fryer and fry for a minute or until the fries turn golden brown. Place the fries on paper-towel lined plate, sprinkle the sweet and spicy mix on top and then try not to inhale all the fries in one sitting.Print
- 2 apples (I used golden delicious), sliced or spiralized
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- pinch of salt
- Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil, enough to fry
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients listed under “seasoning” then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour and a pinch of salt. Mix well and add the apple slices.
- Heat oil in your wok, kadhai or deep fryer.
- Place a few breaded apple fries into the fryer and cook for a minute or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the fries.
- Repeat until done.