This flavorful bacon and brussels sprouts salad is both healthy and decadent. It’s sweet, salty and has great texture – a little crunch and a little chew! It’s light and yet filling – it’s what I like to call a satisfying salad.
I am in love with this bacon and shredded Brussels sprouts salad. It’s naturally sweet, deliciously salty and perfectly crunchy. It’s made with a few strips of nitrate-free and sugar-free bacon, pumpkin seeds, toasted walnuts, naturally sweet dried fruit and Brussels sprouts. I used chopped apricots for my dried fruit and love the flavor it adds to this salad, but you can use cranberries, raisins or whatever you want. Once you assemble your salad, drizzle it with a super simple balsamic vinaigrette!
If you’re reading this recipe (or really any recipe on my website), then you’re clearly into eating real food. Well, over the next few weeks, I’m going to be sharing healthy dinner meal plans with you all. You can find those meal plans on ALDI’s new blog: Hello, Healthy. Their blog is a great resource for those of you looking for meal plans, recipe ideas, cooking tips and videos. Make sure to check out their blog, and let me know what you think!
For this weeks meal plan, you’ll find delicious stews and soups, a power salad, and some skillet recipes (one of which calls for Brussels sprouts!). You can find many of the ingredients available at ALDI. I love that they are always expanding their organic, gluten-free and healthy options – plus they’re easy on your wallet.
- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 3–4 strips cooked nitrate free bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice (I used chopped dried apricots)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until toasted.
- Add the walnuts to a medium bowl along with the remaining salad ingredients and toss until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard, Whisk until well combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing until well coated.