When I first posted my recipe for ground beef bulgogi, I had no idea how popular it would be! I figure that since it’s a blog reader favorite, it only makes sense for me to adapt it to be Instant Pot-friendly, so that you can have it ready to eat ASAP.
For this version, I doubled the recipe. That way, I can freeze half of the bulgogi for another day. I’m all about freezing leftovers lately – it makes life so much easier! It’s one less dinner to cook/plan. I usually add fresh broccoli or green beans to the bulgogi, so if you want to, add some green veggies to the Instant Pot too. Or you can serve the bulgogi over the vegetables.
This recipe for bulgogi is much easier to make than traditional bulgogi. For starters, this recipe calls for ground beef instead of marinated grilled slices of beef. And instead of soy sauce and sugar, I’m using coconut aminos and coconut sugar. If you look at the recipe below, you’ll see the ingredients list is surprisingly short given how much flavor is in this dish! I know you’re going to love this sweet and savory recipe. It has so much umami flavor!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Bulgogi
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inch knob ginger, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Add the oil, garlic and ginger to the Instant Pot. Press the “Sauté” button and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until mostly brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well.
- Cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button, then press the ““Bean/Chili” button to begin pressure cooking. It will automatically be set for 30 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once the meat is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.
- Open the pot and if the meat released a lot of liquid, press the “Saute” button to boil off any extra liquid. This may take awhile, depending on how much liquid the meat released.
- Stir the sesame oil and sesame seeds into the pot and serve.