When I first posted my recipe for ground beef bulgogi, I had no idea how popular it would be! I figure that since it’s a blog reader favorite, it only makes sense for me to adapt it to be Instant Pot-friendly, so that you can have it ready to eat ASAP.
For this version, I doubled the recipe. That way, I can freeze half of the bulgogi for another day. I’m all about freezing leftovers lately – it makes life so much easier! It’s one less dinner to cook/plan. I usually add fresh broccoli or green beans to the bulgogi, so if you want to, add some green veggies to the Instant Pot too. Or you can serve the bulgogi over the vegetables.
This recipe for bulgogi is much easier to make than traditional bulgogi. For starters, this recipe calls for ground beef instead of marinated grilled slices of beef. And instead of soy sauce and sugar, I’m using coconut aminos and coconut sugar. If you look at the recipe below, you’ll see the ingredients list is surprisingly short given how much flavor is in this dish! I know you’re going to love this sweet and savory recipe. It has so much umami flavor!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2- inch knob ginger minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Add the oil, garlic and ginger to the Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until mostly brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Open the valve to quick release pressure.
- If the meat released a lot of liquid, press the sauté button to boil off any extra liquid.
- Stir the green onions, sesame oil and sesame seeds into the pot and serve.