Um… hi. My name is Ashley and I’m a coconut flour addict.
In the past week, I’ve made savory Italian coconut flour muffins, coconut flour birthday cake, and now… lemon berry muffins! And don’t for a second think I’m done with the coconut flour madness. Let’s just say a coconut flour chocolate cake is in your future.
Why the coconut flour craze over here? To be totally honest, I have too much coconut flour in my pantry. Plus, the nut-free + dessert sections in my fancy schmancy recipe index needed some lovin’. Oh and I of course LOVE my nut-free readers and want to give them more food options. ?
Something I MUST tell you about baking these sweet fruity muffins: you will want to use silicone baking cups (or an extremely well-greased pan). The only reason I use pretty paper liners is because they look cute in photos which is what (hopefully) convinces you to make the muffins. You know what’s not cute though? Losing ⅛ of my muffin to a paper liner. That’s just the deal when it comes to baking coconut flour muffins/cupcakes you guys. So get on the silicone baking cup bandwagon.
Let me tell you about how good these muffins are. They are BERRY good. Alright, you had to see that coming. In all seriousness though (yes, let’s be serious about muffins now), they have a light lemon flavor and the swirly berry topping basically screams summer.
Have a berry good day you guys!!Print
Lemon Berry Coconut Flour Muffins
- Yield: 14 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the non-dairy milk, eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oil to the bowl and using a hand mixer, mix until well combined and smooth. As you continue to mix, the batter will thicken.
- Pour the batter into silicone baking cups.
- Drop a teaspoon of the berry puree on top of each muffin. Using a knife, make a twirly design.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
- Store the muffins on the counter for 1-2 days, then keep them in the fridge for up to a week.