Paleo bread doesn’t have to be complicated. You shouldn’t have to jump through bread baking hoops to get a decent gluten-free bun for your burger. This grilling season, ditch the lettuce wrapped burgers and make these incredibly easy Paleo Hamburger Buns instead. You can make them on the grill right next to your juicy burgers!
My hot buns (pun intended – can’t help myself) are delish. They’re nut-free AND egg-free AND you only need 5 ingredients to make them. Mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out into little balls and flatten them out. If you make them too thick, they’ll get gooey inside so make sure they’re nice and thin.
You can cook these in a pan, in the oven, or right on your grill! Since it’s summer and most meals are made on the grill, I decided to use my grilling stone (great for cooking things like fish, veggies, anything that you don’t want falling through the grates) to make these. Cooking them directly on the grill might work too – but I haven’t tried this (leave a comment to let us know if you do try).
Now, go make some paleo hamburger buns 🙂
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Grease your hands with some oil or ghee and take a rounded tablespoon worth of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Flatten it out and put it on a baking stone on the grill (if you don’t have a stone, see note below).
- Preheat the grill and stone to medium heat (250-300 degrees).
- Put the lid on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes, flip the bread over and cook other side for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.