This soft and fluffy lemon cake is bursting with bright lemon flavor! It’s gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly!
This isn’t just any lemon cake either. It’s a super delicious cake that just so happens to be paleo-friendly, gluten-free and grain-free! You won’t be able to tell either – it’s rich and decadent and oh so luscious. A luscious lemon cake!
I mean, just look at that crumb!
And that layer of lemon curd on top? It’s a must! I have a paleo lemon curd on the blog, but if you eat sugar then try my instant pot lemon curd (I have yet to try my instant pot lemon curd with honey or maple syrup, but will update the post when I do!).
The candied lemons are a nice touch too, but not necessary. They make the cake so pretty though, don’t they?
While this is a light and fluffy cake, it’s also filling and satisfying thanks to the almond flour and coconut flour. So hopefully you’ll be able to be happy with just one slice…
But fair warning, you’ll probably reach for another slice because it’s so darn good 😉
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut milk full-fat (mix well before measuring)
- ½ cup ghee or 1 stick butter melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 eggs room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
To Make this Cake in an Oven:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a well greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes (do a toothpick test - make sure it comes out clean).
- Allow the cake to cool, then top with lemon curd and candied lemon slices if desired.