This paleo vanilla cake may just be one of the best I’ve ever made. It’s a sweet vanilla cake that’s light, soft and buttery!
You can easily adapt this cake! Or just keep it vanilla!
You can add chocolate chips to the cake! Or add lemon zest and top it with lemon curd! Or make a tasty fruit filling to spread between the cake layers. Strawberry or raspberry jam would be delicious! Or just keep it vanilla!
For my mama’s birthday, she asked me to make her a healthy gummy bear cake – with homemade paleo gummies. So I decided to add my homemade tutti frutti to the cake – and oh my goodness, it was SO good! The homemade tutti frutti is sweet and slightly chewy – this honestly tasted like a paleo gummy bear cake! Not to mention there were pretty little red gems speckled throughout.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this tasty paleo vanilla cake! Let me know what you think when you try it!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk, ghee, honey and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Divide the cake batter into two 6-inch spring-form pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Whipped coconut cream:
- Place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. This will cause the cream to separate from the milk.
- Place the cream, vanilla and honey into a bowl and whip with a hand-mixer until fluffy. If you have a stand mixer, you can also use that to whip the cream until fluffy.
- Place the whipped cream in the fridge until you’re ready to frost the cake.
- If you are adding anything to the cake like chocolate chips or lemon zest or my homemade tutti frutti, then stir it in right before dividing the cake batter into the pans. (If you add my homemade tutti frutti then be sure to soak the tutti frutti in water for 2 minutes or until re-hydrated).