What’s a dip without a chip? A pretty lonely condiment.
When I came up with a recipe for dairy-free nacho “cheese,” – I knew I absolutely needed to make paleo tortilla chips to go with it. So, I did.
These grain-free tortilla chips are crispy little bites of joy. The salty chips are the perfect pairing to any dip. Not only do they taste the part – they look the part too. I mean, they really do look like regular corn chips, don’t they? The secret: I added a little turmeric to the batter to give them that signature “yellow corn chip” look.
This recipe is based on one of my all-time favorite recipes: paleo naan. I tell you that 3-ingredient flatbread really is magic. It can transform into just about anything: waffles, empanadas, pizza crust, parathas… and now tortilla chips!
Need a dip for these tortilla chips? Here are a few favorites:
Alright, it’s time for some chips and dip. When I dip, you dip, we dip… these chips 😉
- Pre-heat a 9.5 inch (or larger) nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut milk, salt and turmeric together in a bowl.
- Add ¼ cup worth of batter onto the pan.
- After about a minute flip the flatbread and cook for another minute or until both sides are mostly firm, then place the bread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until the batter is done.
- Using scissors, cut the tortillas into small triangles and spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until the tortilla chips are crispy.