These raw coconut macaroons are sweet, tasty and satisfying. They’re made with coconut oil, a healthy fat, and so just one of these cookies is enough to keep that sugar craving at bay.
Coconut macaroons are not to be confused with macarons.
The recipe I’m sharing here is ridiculously easy to make. You mix five ingredients in a bowl – pack them into a tablespoon and slide em right out onto a plate. Put them in the fridge for like 10 minutes and you’ve got some sweet and solid macs. You can make all sorts of variations of this recipe – see my notes in the recipe card below for ideas.
I made these coconut macaroons over the weekend – because I knew my (not so little) brother, Rishi, would love them (he’s also a big fan of my chocolate coconut cups). Rishi celebrated a milestone birthday this past weekend – his quarter-century!! The celebrating lasted the entire weekend – we went out with his friends one night and then celebrated with the family the next day. Here’s a picture of us 🙂
It was a really nice weekend – I miss it already.
The recipe will give you 8-9 bites of coconutty goodness. Eat these cookies alongside a cup of my masala chai. I know you’re going to love this.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pack the mixture into a tablespoon – then slide it out and place on a plate. Repeat 8-9 more times.
- Place the macaroons in the fridge for 10 minutes or until the cookies are solid.
- Enjoy cold or at room temperature.
- Store the macaroons in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.