This Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef is fantastically flavorful. It’s a super simple slow cooker recipe – one you can throw together last minute either before bed or before work. The end result… plenty of perfectly tender and delicious beef.
To make this recipe, add the beef roast (I used blade chuck roast), onions, garlic, serrano pepper, organic diced tomatoes and spices to a crock pot. Several hours later – meat will be falling off the bone. Shred it with two forks, place some on a piece of romaine lettuce, top it with a tomato and eat it like a taco.
The great thing about shredded beef is that there’s a lot of surface area and so all the tasty spices can better coat and cling to the meat. Yup, I’m pretty sure I just used something I learned in high school math to explain why this shredded beef rules.
Eat this spicy beef on top of fresh greens or make a burrito using my 3-ingredient flatbread recipe (paleo naan). You’ll have plenty of leftovers – and I promise, you won’t get tired of eating the same thing. I ate the spicy beef for dinner and the next morning had some for breakfast alongside fresh eggs and avocado. It’s darn good.Print
- 2–3 pounds grassfed beef blade chuck roast (or whatever roast you prefer)
- 2 medium onions (approx. 3 cups), chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large serrano pepper, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.