This Spicy Shredded Mexican Beef is fantastically flavorful. It’s a super simple slow cooker recipe – one you can throw together last minute, either before bed or before work—the result: plenty of perfectly tender and delicious beef.
To make this recipe, add the beef roast, onions, garlic, serrano pepper, organic diced tomatoes, and spices to a crockpot. Several hours later – the meat will be falling off the bone. Shred-it with two forks, place some on a piece of romaine lettuce, top it with a tomato and eat it like a taco.
The great thing about shredded beef is that there’s a lot of surface area, and so all the tasty spices can better coat and cling to the meat. Yup, I’m pretty sure I just used something I learned in high school math to explain why this shredded beef rules.
Eat this spicy beef on top of fresh greens, or make a burrito using my 3-ingredient flatbread recipe (paleo naan). You’ll have plenty of leftovers – and I promise, you won’t get tired of eating the same thing. I ate the spicy beef for dinner and the next morning had some for breakfast alongside fresh eggs and avocado. It’s darn good.
- 2-3 pounds grassfed beef blade chuck roast or whatever roast you prefer
- 2 medium onions approx. 3 cups, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large serrano pepper minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Leave a Comment & Rating