I am so excited to share this recipe for Thai Spiced Sweet Potatoes – or as Michelle Fagone of Cavegirl Cuisine cleverly calls them, Thai’ce Baked Sweet Potatoes. (get it? twice baked…). Clearly, I love her sense of humor. This recipe is one of the many delicious and cleverly titled dishes in Michelle’s new cookbook.
When I came across this recipe while flipping through her cookbook, I knew I had to try it – after all, it’s no secret that I love Paleo Thai food. These twice baked sweet potatoes are flavorful without being spicy. Like all of the recipes in Michelle’s book, these sweet potatoes are family-friendly.
Here’s a sneak peak at what else you’ll find in the Cavegirl Cuisine Cookbook:
- Appetizers & Sides: shrimp guac-tail, bacon jam meatballs, loaded fauxtato soup
- Main Meals: tangerine chicken, pork tenderloin with sweet cherry sauce, honey-lime salmon
- Treats: melonsicles, almond bark of joy, trail mix cookies
- Kid Favs: fish sticks, chicken and waffles, cinnamon pecan crunch cereal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork.
- Place in a baking dish and cook for approximately 40 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the orange flesh, keeping the skins in tact. Place flesh into a mixing bowl with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Place potato skin halves in a baking dish. Distribute sweet potato mixture among the skins.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.