Three ingredients. 15 minutes. Boom. Homemade JAM.
Yes. It’s totally possible. This cherry chia jam is unbelievably simple to make and like so many of the recipes on my website, you can make it with less than 5 ingredients. It’s a sweet and fruity jam that tastes good on just about anything (coconut yogurt, waffles, paleo bread). I know this might be a strange request but trust me… say cherry chia jam out loud right now. Now say it again, but faster this time. Doesn’t the sound of that make you want this jam even more? Cherry Chia Jam. Cherry Chia Jam. I should be embarrassed at how easy it is to amuse myself.
Lately, all I want to do is make simple and tasty things. I don’t have time for complicated recipes in my life right now. Life has been hectic lately – in a good way, mostly. We recently moved to Pittsburgh and so I’ve been busy unpacking and cleaning up our new (100-year-old) house. Roby and I have also been traveling a lot this past month to take care of family and to attend engagement parties and weddings – it’s that time of year! I love celebrations. I know that might be a silly thing to say… I mean, who doesn’t like to celebrate things? I just love seeing happy people (especially happy people on the dance floor) and I love getting all dressed up (especially in fancy/sparkly Indian outfits).
I’m ready to take a break from real life responsibilities and from our weekly road trips – for a little while at least. I want to unwind, relax, and do nothing. Except
veg out fruit out on the couch with a slice of paleo bread and some cherry chia jam.
- Add the thawed cherries and honey to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Gently mash the berries with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the mixture to a low-boil, cover with a lid, then reduce heat to low. Allow this to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds. The jam will thicken as it cools.
- Once cool, taste the jam and add more sweetener if needed.
- Store the cherry chia jam in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.