These tahini chocolate chip cookies are so tasty and so easy to make! You only need 4 ingredients to make these sweet and chewy chocolate chip cookies!
4-ingredients. Warm chewy cookies. Melty chocolate chips.
This, my friends, is what happens when Ashley Thomas finds a half empty jar of tahini in her fridge. She makes herself a batch of tahini chocolate chip cookies and then speaks in the third person…
So I’m like 89 percent sure that most people would choose to make hummus with their leftover tahini – and while that’s a great choice (especially if you make my artichoke hummus), I say: make dessert!
I love using tahini in desserts – especially when paired with chocolate. Mmmmhmmm. You can find my salty sesame chocolate bark and salted tahini freezer fudge on the blog – both of which are delicious. Today, I’m sharing a new tahini dessert recipe that calls for just 4 ingredients! My tahini chocolate chip cookies are nut-free (obviously?) because they’re made with tahini, which is made with sesame seeds.
I used dairy-free organic chocolate chips to make these cookies, but you can easily chop up a chocolate bar and use chocolate chunks instead. Whatever you use, as long as there is chocolate – these cookies will taste good. They’re actually really good without chocolate too… but let’s be honest, everything is better with chocolate.
Something to know – when you mix the ingredients together, you’ll end up with a dough that’s super sticky and looks kind of like toffee or caramel. If you’re like me, it’ll take everything you’ve got not to eat it raw. Use a cookie scoop to get the dough from your bowl onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use two spoons but it’ll be harder. I highly recommend getting a small cookie scoop – I use mine ALL the time (which also tells you how often I make cookies).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix using an electric hand mixer until well combined. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Using a small cookie scoop, place the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Wet your fingers and use them to flatten the cookie if needed. Repeat until the dough is done.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for 3-4 days.